In 2002, Ms. Alanis Nadine Morissette, Esq. included on her then-latest studio album Under Rug Swept a track entitled "21 Things I Want in a Lover". As it says on the tin, the song lists twenty-one traits the then-unmarried Morissette would want (not necessarily need) in a prospective lover.
Being the obsessive-compulsive weirdo fan that I am, I decided to take this song and turn it into a quiz. Why don't you take it and see how morally/politically/horizontally compatible you are with the vegan chanteuse. I personally scored 12/21.
- Do you derive joy when someone else succeeds?
- Do you not play dirty when engaged in competition?
- Do you have a big intellectual capacity but know that it alone does not equate wisdom?
- Do you see everything as an illusion?
- But enjoy it even though you are not of it?
- Are you both masculine and feminine?
- Politically aware?
- And don't believe in capital punishment?
- Do you derive joy from diving in and seeing that loving someone can actually feel like freedom?
- Are you funny?
- Like adventure?
- And have many formed opinions?
- Are you uninhibited in bed?
- More than three times a week?
- Up for being experimental?
- Are you athletic?
- Are you thriving in a job that helps your brother?
- Are you not addicted?